Kinds of hosting services
A hosting service includes keeping and/or sharing certain content on a web server managed by a web hosting supplier. There are different sorts of hosting services used for different ends, so let's take a peek at them. In that way, you can choose what you need, on the basis of whether you'd like to run a blog, email aliases, or to share files with buddies and associates.
- File hosting: a solution delivered by particular vendors, which lets you share large files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole purpose is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a register of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting accounts are often supported by showing ads beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a specific spell of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you have a paid file storage package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limitation when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly untrue explanation of the real denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would assign the load between independent sets of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending different site hosting services (electronic mail, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a brand of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; some firms provide a hosting service for pictures exclusively. This hosting variant is suitable if you want to share a huge amount of pics with buddies or colleagues since the service is usually free. You will get a randomly generated link for each pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be used for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a service dedicated to taking care of your e-mail address accounts. Some suppliers provide hosting solutions for sites, but do not offer an e-mail hosting service. If you would like to possess an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to keep a site, then the email hosting service is what you require. You can create electronic mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a certain video file, or you can embed the video file in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of availing of this method instead of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video clip produces a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with several video files and several hundred site visitors, you may have a hard time with your web space hosting quotas. Embedding the video will allow you to operate as many video clips as you want to without bothering about system supplies.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you require if you would like to own a web site. To a certain extent, it consists of all of the aforementioned hosting types since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can run databases and e-mail accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At Tabnak Hosting, for example, you can take a glance at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting packages that permit you to have all of the aforementioned services in one single location. There may be limits depending on the form of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your website hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the customary email/file/video/image hosting packages that are devised for particular content solely.